Just a few things that have been on my mind recently. Like mini-things that would best be posted as a tweet… I don’t use twitter, but I do have a blog and it allows me to write more than 140 characters at a time.
Here’s a random photo (by me) of the Pacific Ocean but from the East/Taiwan (I’ve only ever seen it in person from the West/California).
1. Received my order of moisturizers (by TheBalm) that I’m excited to try and review. I hate trying new things (I have so many samples I never use) in case something bad happens, but I really need to just dive in and shake my routine up because there’s always room for improvement. I’ll share my thoughts after trying them out for a while.
2. Bought a Memebox! Specifically, I got Luckybox #4. I signed up during their 10 point promotion and emailed them with a blog that referred me (just google “memebox referral”so find a blog) and boom! Got 5 more points. Their point system is pretty nice since each point translates to one dollar. So I had $15 to spend and that brought the cost of the box down to a little less than $13 and that includes shipping. I really want to try the LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence since it seems to be a hit. It’s not going to start shipping until the 9th but I’ll try to keep you posted on that as well.
3. My current clay mask (Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask) is running low and I stopped by Target the other day to buy my third bottle of the awesome stuff and saw it wasn’t on the shelves anymore! Instead, there was the Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask with Willowbark. I didn’t see if there are any ingredient differences yet, but I think my HG mask been discontinued (bottles are selling for like $30 on ebay when it was $10 at Target) and replaced (as my friend would say, “shit, son”). At least the replacement seems to be getting good reviews. I’ll probably try it once my current bottle runs out. But needless to say, I’m pretty bummed.
4. I have to admit, I was a little surprised to see this video pop up on my tumblr dash today:
Our Last Night is a band I used to listen to and love back in high school (like 2007-2010). I kind of lost interest once I started college. And their sound was heavier but always catchy. Also, back then, the lead singer was like 14. Way to make me feel old, dude. And it’s kind of weirding me out how he and his older brother could pass for twins. But that aside, I’m glad they’re doing well (other songs, acoustic covers and actual covers seem solid), and it seems like their talents have matured. I bet they have great live shows. Definitely going to go back and check out their recent stuff.
5. Julep is now sold at Sephora?!?? I’m not a huge Julep fan but maybe the colors I’ve tried happened to be the not so good ones. IDK… I still think Zoya has the better formula and it’s cheaper.
6. It’s already June and I still have no idea how to move across the country (in August). Amtrak? USPS? … I should figure that out.
7. Game of Thrones s04e08 ending was brutal. I knew what was going to happen, but I did not expect that much visual and aural detail. Seriously unnecessary. Ugh. Still can’t unsee/unhear. You know what I’m talking about (or maybe you don’t but be glad you don’t).
8. No idea if anyone actually reads this, but if you’re interested in subscription boxes, you should check out my friend’s blog here. She posts pretty honest reviews of what she likes and dislikes and has cool posts about swaps she’s made and little life tidbits.
9. WORLD CUP IN 9 DAYS.